Tuesday, February 21

Pop Quiz: Spot The Tiny Treasures - Teeny Tiny Tuesdays

1.

 As part of my daily routine, particularly since starting up this blog, I browse through the newly listed items on Etsy to see what new treasures catch my eye and may end up in a future blog post.  Normally, I respond to the images I see immediately, and am pretty sure what I am looking at. But today, I got 'taken' so to speak. I thought I was looking at a shabby chic cottage style desk, but when I actually read further into the listing, I realized I was in fact looking at a miniature. I admit it, I was totally fooled, this miniature desk looked so perfect and so real, it was hard to believe it could fit in the palm of my hand. Since today is 'Teeny Tiny' day on the Fab, I thought it would be the perfect day to spring a little pop-quiz on all my fellow tiny fans.

2.


Throughout this post, you will find 12 images of great Shabby Chic Furniture. The kicker -- wait for it -- only some of them are doll house miniatures, others are full size people home decor.  You get to give it your best shot, get out a post-it note or piece of scrap paper, and make your guesses. The images are all numbered, 1-12, so scribble down which are "SO TINY" and which items are "NO TINY".  Then head to the end of the post for full item credits and links to these fabulous Etsy shops, and the list of answers. Challenge your friends, see if they can spot the itty bitty treasures that are so great, they look just as 'real' as their full sized counterparts. Ready, steady, GO!

3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.
11.
12.

Here are the fabulous details about all of these items, the truly tiny for your doll house and the truly Shabby Chic for your home. If you want to see how you did on the quiz, the answer code is tucked just below this list.  If you want to share your scores, feel free to do so in the comments, I would love to know if anyone else got 'taken' by something tiny today. Happy Tuesday!
  1. Distressed Wood Shelves - Shabby Chic by Paula, Pollygots on Etsy
  2. Dollhouse Shabby Chic Painted Wooden SIDE TABLE Miniature Furniture 12th Scale by Ladies Mile Miniatures on Etsy.
  3. Chicken Wire Kitchen Cabinet - Rustic Miniature by House of Artistique on Etsy.
  4. White Washed Cabinet by Dienke Cazemier, Bell Jar Mini on Etsy.
  5. One Inch Scale Narrow Chest of Drawers by Storybook Miniatures on Etsy.
  6. Shabby Chic 32 Inch Bench - Furniture by Dale, Dales Wood and More on Etsy.
  7. Dollhouse Miniature Coffee Table - Shabby Chic by Denise, Deesware Miniatures on Etsy.
  8. Cabinet 1:12 Scale Shabby Chic Style by Marta, MartaPellise on Etsy.
  9. Lazy Couch, To Go With The Lazy Chair by Dienke Cazemier, Bell Jar Mini on Etsy.
  10. Doll Dining Table and 4 Chairs Set in 1/6 Scale, Shabby Chic (Blythe, Barbie, Bratz, Momoko) by buildingIDEA on Etsy.
  11. Wood Wall Vase Shelf Key Hook Shabby Chic Distressed Wood by Michael Hutton, Twigs2Whirligigs on Etsy.
  12. Shabby Chic White Wood Wall Shelf With Peg Hooks by ShabbyNChic on Etsy.

Tuesday, February 21/2012 - Pop Quiz: Answer Key, Foraging For Fab.

2 comments:

  1. What a fun, fab blog. many thanks Ketsy,
    my very best wishes
    Denise x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fab, fun blog. many thanks ketsy
    my very best wishes
    denise x

    ReplyDelete

Feedback, Follow-Up, and Friendly Fire