Friday, February 17

Making Faces - Found On A Friday


ONE 28"x20" Mixed Media Print, ART by Vincenzo Rizzo on Etsy.
Friday's are the day that I don't have to worry about any categories, I can simply showcase something wonderful. That is a blessing and a curse sometimes. A blessing because it removes any constraints on the fabulous finds I get to introduce, a curse because I am spoiled for choice.  It has become apparent to me that I like a heck of a lot of things, and so it comes down to choosing an artist to feature that doesn't "fit" into one of the themes days here at the Fab. That means that mt Fridays are usually reserved for Artist that have a unique and original flair that somehow speaks to me. Today's featured artist is one of those.
Every You Every Me - Mixed Media 15/100, ART by Vincenzo Rizzo on Etsy.
Angel - Mixed Media 12/100, ART by Vincenzo Rizzo on Etsy
It has become apparent to me that the original art that seems to grab me full on from the jump is often art that features human [or humanoid] faces. I don't know why, but when I see a face, I see emotion, and it often connects with me on a very deep level. I have presented several artists that do a sort of 'abstract portraiture' before, and try as I might to pass them by in search of something else to showcase, I keep coming back to the same work over and over again. Vincenzo Rizzo is one of those artist who works just grabs me. I will be doing a random search of artwork on Etsy, or even just searching the whole of the newest listings pages, and every time I see one of Vincenzo's paintings, I click through to look at it closer. I often don't even realize it is yet another of Rizzo's amazing creations until I get to the image listing, at which point I have that "well Duh!" moment, the moment where I realize that it is no wonder I like it so well. Vincenzo Rizzo is a master of capturing faces that captivate me.
Canada 10/100 Limited Edition Mixed Media, ART by Vincenzo Rizzo on Etsy.
Drinking My Tears - Mixed Media 14/100, ART by Vincenzo Rizzo on Etsy.
Vincenzo's Etsy Shop is chock full of the most amazing mixed media prints and original paintings, and they are all of them priced well within the grasp of an collector.  Prints are almost always limited to an edition of 100 copies, and most are available for purchase at just $10.00 USD.  Canvas mounted prints run higher, but they are large in scale and ready to hang. You can bring home an amazingly high quality print on canvas, mounted on wood, and signed and dated by the artist, for $220.00 USD. Many original works are also available, these range in price from the ridiculously affordable $10.00 USD price point.
Agata - Mixed Media - 11/100, ART by Vincenzo Rizzo on Etsy.
Feeling The Wave - 4/100 - Mixed Media, ART by Vincenzo Rizzo on Etsy.

You may well recognize some of these faces, as I do, as some of the most beautiful models to grace the pages of fashion magazines, to portraits of some of the most iconic celebrities.  Many people may attempt to do portraits of famous faces, but Vincenzo does it with such skill that you often feel that you know who you are looking at in these images, you just can't figure out how you know them. Rizzo's combination of these lovely faces and splashes of colour, script, or other mixed media elements are masterful. The range of colours and materials used makes them so appealing, and with such an accessible price, you can bring these lovely limited edition prints or originals into your home with very little hesitation.  I simply love the way Vincenzo makes faces.
LoVe BomB - 49/100 Mixed Media, ART by Vincenzo Rizzo on Etsy.
Watercolor's Spirit // Limited Edition 32/100, ART by Vincenzo Rizzo on Etsy.

Rizzo's art would look stunning in a traditional mat and frame, or in a floating frame of glass.  The sizes make them very easy to frame for a reasonable price, so they would all make wonderful gifts as well.  I could see them in a gallery like collection, featured on the walls of a hip hair salon or spa, or in the bedroom of that budding Fashionista teen you know so well. A group of these prints would work in just about any room that needs some colour and personality.
NERONE - miXedMedia 12/100, ART by Vincenzo Rizzo on Etsy.
Wings Of Stone - 34/100 - Mixed Media, ART by Vincenzo Rizzo on Etsy.
This is just a small selection of Vincenzo's works available on Etsy, so please follow the links to Rizzo's Etsy Store and see which works speak to you personally.  While I mainly presented a sample of portraits, Vincenzo also does some fantastic nudes and humorous images featuring juxtaposed vehicles, animals, and other artistic elements.  I particularly love the whimsy of some of the original works done on pages of Latin dictionary pages, they are simply fantastic.
LOVED - 18x12 Inch - Mixed Media, ART by Vincenzo Rizzo on Etsy.
3D O.R.I.G.I.N.A.L. Hand Painting Mixed Media on Page of Antique Italian Vocabulary of the Early 1900's Original Unique Artwork, ART by Vincenzo Rizzo on Etsy.
Make sure you take a trip over to Etsy this weekend, a long weekend for us Canadians, and don't forget to visit Vincenzo Rizzo's Etsy Store in your travels. You will not be disappointed, and it is a great place to start if you are an Etsy 'virgin', as may be the case.  Don't be afraid, Etsy may seem like a daunting place, there is so much to look at and explore, but there is truly something for every taste and living space, and the images presented are almost universally lovely and appealing.
UV - Mixed Media 49/100, ART by Vincenzo Rizzo on Etsy.
Gucci 12 of 100 Limited Edition, ART by Vincenzo Rizzo on Etsy.
You may think of Etsy as akin to eBay in some respects, but it is far more focused on handmade, one of a kind, and antique goods.  I find eBay to be impossibly over-run with what often seems to be 'crap', there seems to be no standard of presentation or attention to detail. Etsy provides a much better shopping experience, and there is a true community feel to the site. Have a lovely weekend and may you find a whole lot of fabulous in your foraging attempts.
I Know You Like My Poker Face - 30/100 - Mixed Media, ART by Vincenzo Rizzo on Etsy.
Note: All Images/Products Featured In This Post Are Copyright and the Intellectual Property of Vincenzo Rizzo and the associated Etsy Shop. No Infringement is Intended. Please Follow The Links Below Each Image For Purchase Information or Further Details.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback, Follow-Up, and Friendly Fire